Massage therapy is a safe and effective way to relieve pain and muscle tension in the body, promote relaxation and boost mood.
We offer massage therapy in downtown Edmonton including prenatal massage, deep tissue and sports massage, myofascial release and trigger point therapy as well as relaxation massage.
Benefits of massage therapy include:
- Increased circulation and blood flow
- Stress relief, relaxation and improved sleep
- Sports injury prevention
- Treatment of soft tissue sprains and injuries
- Relief of muscular aches and joint pain
- Release of chronic tension in the body
- Decrease in headaches and TMJ dysfunction related symptoms
- Reduction in swelling/edema due to manual lymph drainage
In addition to massage, our massage therapists also offer myofascial cupping. Cupping works by releasing tight muscle tissue and increasing circulation to the area and can be incorporated into your massage.
We are happy to provide direct billing to multiple insurance companies including Great West Life, Sunlife, Alberta Blue Cross, Green Shield, Manulife and Chambers of Commerce Group of Insurance.
We understand prenatal massage and have custom pregnancy bolsters to ensure supreme comfort during your massage.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage include:
- Reduced joint and back pain
- Improved circulation
- Reduced edema, muscle tension and headaches
- Reduced stress, anxiety and promotes better sleep
Deep tissue and sports massage work on the deep areas of the body, increases circulation, range of motion and alleviates pain.
Myofascial release works on tensions, restrictions and pain in the soft tissue of the body. Trigger point therapy releases areas of the body that cause pain in other areas. For example a headache triggered by a referral pain pattern from tight neck and shoulders.
Relaxation massage uses smooth gliding strokes to help you relax with a lighter amount of pressure. This is the perfect massage for someone that wants to unwind and relax.
Cupping can be integrated into your massage. Cupping increases blood flow to the targeted area and decreases muscle tension.