Our massage therapist Kaitlyn Taylor was recently in Toronto for a workshop on K-taping for women’s health.
What is K-taping?
The Kinesio Taping Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio® Tex Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions. (Source: https://kinesiotaping.com/about/what-is-the-kinesio-taping-method)
How does K-taping work for women’s health?
There are a number of ways K-taping can benefit pregnant and pre/postpartum women:
- Lumbar and neck muscle relaxation
- Sacral iliac joint support
- Carpal tunnel symptom relief for cases caused by mechanical problems and pregnancy
- Abdominal support techniques during pregnancy
- Postural correction application
- Treatment of edema during pregnancy, post surgical and lymphedema cases
- Applications for instability of the pubic symphysis
- Relief of dysmenorrhea
- Assist with bladder control
- Assist patience with pelvic organ prolapse
- Post mastectomy edema
- Breast engorgement; mastitis; scar taping techniques for post cesarean section; and other post surgery cases
Complimentary K-taping for the month of October!
These new techniques can now be incorporated to prolong the therapeutic benefit of your massage. For the month of October, you can add this to your massage at no extra cost.